PHG Foundation is delighted to announce the appointment of six outstanding professionals as Senior Fellows.
This new PHG Foundation accolade is reserved for select individuals from across the world who have made significant professional contributions to fields closely related to PHG Foundation’s own policy work around genomics and biomedicine, and who have been great supporters of our own mission to make science work for health. Together, they reflect the international, multidisciplinary span of the Foundation’s work.
The new Senior Fellows are:
- Prof Tim Aitman– Director of the Centre for Genomics and Experimental Medicine, University of Edinburgh
- Prof Bartha Maria Knoppers– Director of the Centre for Genomics and Policy, McGill University
- Prof Dennis Lo– Li Ka Shing Professor of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Prof Anneke Lucassen– Professor of Clinical Genetics, University of Southampton
- Dr Eric Meslin– President and CEO, Council of Canadian Academies
- Prof Sir Munir Pirmohamed– Director of the Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine, University of Liverpool
More detailed biographies for all the Senior Fellows are available here
PHG Foundation Director Dr Mark Kroese said:
“Our new Senior Fellows are distinguished experts in different disciplines who have generously shared their time and expertise over the years to support our own efforts to make good science deliver better healthcare, faster. We want to recognise their achievements, and are very proud that they have accepted to undertake this role with the PHG Foundation.”
Cambridge Institute of Public Health joins our members at PHG Foundation in congratulating the new Senior Fellows on their appointments.