Department: Public Health and Primary Care, Department of
Organisation: University of Cambridge
Interests: Ageing, Behaviour, Clinical trials, Cognition, Dementia, Disability, Equality/inequality, Exercise, General Practice, Health Economics, Health management, Healthcare delivery/services, Migration, Non-communicable disease, Palliative care, Quality of Care, Risk, Stroke
Research Interests include:
• Collaborative multidisciplinary research to optimize effectiveness, quality and implementation of rehabilitation and care, particularly for people with long term conditions and disability.
• Epidemiology and management of stroke throughout the course of the disease.
• Exercise and activity-based interventions for the treatment and prevention of disease.
• Research design and methods to investigate complex interventions in health services research.
• Investigating the contribution of patient and public engagement in clinical research.
• Recently joined Prof. Christi Deaton's Clinical Nursing Research group based in the Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge.
• Collaborative links to ongoing stroke related research in Berlin funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and London funded by the Department of Health (DH), National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), UK, (Research for Patient Benefit).
• Contributions to European Union funded health services research involving several European countries.
• Development of clinical guidelines related to stroke care in Scotland and Germany.