A great way to help generate impact from your research, and to help ensure that your findings and expertise can benefit people on the ground, is to respond to relevant consultations. Don’t be shy – see our Top Tips: How Can Your Research Impact Policy? page for more on why you shouldn’t be nervous about engaging with consultations.
This page highlights public health relevant domestic consultations. Please note that while we try our best to keep it comprehensive and up to date, it is not intended to be an exhaustive list. If you have any consultations that should be added to the list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection of open public health relevant consultations:
- Antimicrobial stewardship: systems and processes for effective antimicrobial medicine use: Surveillance consultation (NICE). The deadline for written submissions is 5pm on Monday 20 November, 2017. For further details see https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng15/consultation/html-content
- Learning disabilities and behaviour that challenges: service design and delivery: Draft guidance consultation (NICE). The deadline for written submissions is 5pm on Monday 20 November, 2017. For further details see https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-scwave0770/consultation/html-content-2
- Brexit: reciprocal healthcare inquiry (EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee).
The deadline for written submissions is Friday 24 November, 2017. For further details see http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/lords-select/eu-home-affairs-subcommittee/inquiries/parliament-2017/brexit-reciprocal-healthcare/
- Child abuse and neglect: Topic engagement (NICE). The deadline for written submissions is 5pm on Tuesday 28 November, 2017. For further details see https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-qs10054/consultation/html-content
- E-cigarettes inquiry (Science and Technology Committee – Commons). The deadline for written submissions is Friday 8 December, 2017. For further details see http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/science-and-technology-committee/inquiries/parliament-2017/e-cigarettes-17-19/
- Care and support of older people with learning disabilities (NICE). The deadline for written responses is 5pm on Friday 15 December, 2017. For further details see https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indevelopment/gid-scwave0776/consultation/html-content
Remember, you can check on consultations, and sign up for your own alerts, from relevant organisations:
- To view open Committee inquiries visit http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/inquiries-a-z/current-open-calls-for-evidence/
- To view all Government consultations visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications?publication_filter_option=consultations
- To view NICE consultations visit https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/inconsultation